RESEARCH PROGRAM ON INFANCY AND CHILDHOOD
Its members, of the three campuses, have created networks with local, national and international organisms that work with the most vulnerable sectors (migrants, indigenous, special needs children) and are committed to the promotion of changes in social policies, education and juridical issues consistent with the application of the Convention of the Rights of the Child (CRC). (Poster)
RESEARCH PROJECTS UNDER THREE LINES OF INTERDISCIPLINARY RESEARCH
Disability and Childhood
- Early detection of hearing loss
- Early Intervention Programs for high risk infants
- Inclusive Education for hearing impaired children:
- Participative Methodologies for Toy Construction addressed to children with disabilities
- Design of Technical aides for rehabilitation
Education, Communication and Culture
- Child Participation using expressive and play techniques;
- Use of Technology in basic education as a means to promote writing in indigenous languages
- Intercultural education: Epistolary communication among children from different sociocultural backgrounds
Law and Politics
- Comparative analysis of civil and family laws
- Generation of Legal models that may show the viability of judging in accordance to the Convention of Child Rights.
- Elaboration of proposals to make the necessary reforms in the Local Laws to guarantee the integral protection of children
The Program has developed the Iberoamerican Network for Certificate Training on Children's Rights and Needs. A one year diploma course is operated in various cities of Mexico and Valencia, Spain, in order to train human resources that work in children services, with the new conception of Children's Rights and the focus on children as social subjects.
As part of this network, actualization and specialization courses addressed to lawyers, and people who work in the juridical areas have been given, in coordination with UNICEF, and the National Human Rights Commission among other institutions.
Networks and affiliations:
- Childwatch International Research Network
- National Network for Certificate Training on Children's Rights and Needs
- Interamerican Information Network (RIIN)
- Consejo Promotor para la Integración al Desarrollo de las Personas con Discapacidad: National Council for the Promotion of Integration and Development of People with disabilities.
- Red de Redes de Niñez de América Latina y el Caribe
- FOMEIM : Fomentar y Mejorar la Educación Intercultural de los Migrantes (Federal and state governmental agencies- Fondo Mixto de Cooperación Española to promote the improvement of Intercultural Education of Internal Migration Groups)
Formal Collaboration Institutional Protocols with:
- DIF-Nacional, DIF-DF: National System for the Integral Development of the Family
- Istituto di Linguistica Computazionale CNR-PISA (Italy).
- Coordinación General de Educación Intercultural Bilingüe- Secretaría de Educación Pública (CGEIB/SEP) Intercultural Bilingual Education Office- Ministry of Education
- Dirección General de Educación Indígena-SEP: National Indigenous Education Office-Ministry of Education
- APAC, AC. NGO Association for Cerebral Palsy
Prol. Canal de Miramontes 3855, Edif. C,
2º Piso (Centro de Documentación sobre Infancia),
ExHacienda de San Juan de Dios, Tlalpan,
México 14387, D.F., México